Texture Tuesday "Heavy Edit"

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 · Posted in , , ,

This is my entry for this week's edition of Texture Tuesday over at Kim Klassen's Cafe.

Not everyone will like the edit I did on this photo as it is very heavily edited.  I have been playing around with trying to create digital art and I happened to create this effect by accident.  This photo was taken in the conservatory of the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas. 


Using Photoshop Elements 9 I first did a levels adjustment and then I ran Nero Nelly's Vespa Action on the photo.   I then added Kim's newest texture Mayzee to the photo.  I originally set it on the soft light blending mode and was going to adjust the opacity but I had forgotten to click on opacity so it started moving between the blending modes and when it hit the difference blending mode I thought to myself "hey, I like that".  I think it has a special effects feel to it so I adjusted the opacity slightly to 97% and left it there.  What do you think, is it cool or is it a little too much?

For reference here is the original photo so you can see how different they are. 

9 Responses to “Texture Tuesday "Heavy Edit"”

  1. I love it - I enjoy the difference blending mode and using it to create art pieces that look very different from the starting photo - great creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Difference' makes such a difference! Beautiful composition. I love using my photos to create pieces of art, as you have done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, love love what you did. i thought it was a quilt in your thumbnail...and it would make a beautiful one! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful~!!~
    really did change your original photo a lot . . . sounds like you had fun with "sampling" the options too.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's fabulous! At first I thought it was a photo of beautiful quilt! Great editing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun is this! I really like the look you've achieved with your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer@threedogsinagarden
    I like what you did. I don't think it is overdone at all. it has gone from a photograph to an artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts