Textured

Thursday, February 24, 2011 · Posted in , ,

Up until recently editing my photos has always been a scary process for me.  But since I have found some amazing online resources like Kim Klassen it has gotten a lot easier.  One thing that I have learned is that texture can be used to make the most ordinary and boring photos much more interesting.  This photo is one case in point. 

Here is the original...



And here is the edited image...



Here is the recipe for the edited image:
Edited in Photoshop Elements 9
First I cropped the photo and then used the 
spot healing tool to remove the remaining vehicle on the 
right side,  then I added warming filter 85.
I then applied three layers of Kim Klassen's light paper
texture, the first layer in soft light at 100%, the second
layer in multiply at 52% and the third layer in color burn
at 17%.

I think it made for a much warmer and more interesting photo.


 






One Response to “Textured”

  1. The crop alone really improved the photo! love the warmth also

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts