Tea and the Art Journal

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 · Posted in ,

I am again linking up to the Texture Tuesday party over at Kim Klassen's cafe.  Her challenge this week was to use any of her textures with a photo of a coffee or tea cup.  I'm not very good at this type of challenge.  Something in me resists taking pictures that I set up. I have seen so many great photos by so many people but it is a challenge for me, it usually just feels forced, plus I have terrible lighting at home for taking photos. 

I had actually given up trying to get a photo for this challenge but yesterday morning I sat my mug of tea down next to my art journal and was about to start drawing when I thought "hey, this might be my coffee cup photo opportunity".  So what we have below is exactly that.  I think one of the great things about photography is how is trains your eyes to start recognizing beauty in simple every things.


For this photo I used two textures in Photoshop Elements 9, first I used luminous and set the blending mode to soft light at 85%.  Secondly I used paper stained music and set the blending mode to multiply at 60%.  Not my best photo ever but at least I got to play. 

One Response to “Tea and the Art Journal”

  1. Your photograph is stunning,and I love what you did with the texture.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts