Heart broken

Friday, March 25, 2011 · Posted in ,

The photo below is one of my favorite shots from over the winter.  I love they symmetry of it, the almost monochrome color and I have been looking forward to going back and shooting it again this spring when it is full of blossoms. 


So image how horrified I was to come across this the other day...


Now I do realize this was an old fashioned orchard.  The new way of orcharding is to plant the trees much closer together so they stay smaller but produce more fruit.  It is also more environmentally friendly because it allows for drip irrigation as opposed to spray irrigation and that is what will replace this.  But still, couldn't they have waited one more season to rip it out just so I could get my spring shot!

At least I was able to find this nice little shot just down the road.




Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts