Who Knew!!!

Friday, January 21, 2011



Part of me says that it is incredibly silly for me to be celebrating this simple little drawing but I have to say I just can't help myself.  My mother and grandmother are very artistic and have painted for years but in the past I have tried my hand a drawing a few times with sorry results.  Due to this I really have no idea why I picked up a package of charcol pencils the other day when I was shopping but I did. 

The pencils sat on my desk mocking me for about a week before I picked them up, I had an idea of what I wanted to draw so I sat down and within a few minutes created the picture you see above.  I have to admit I was kind of thrilled with it.  The fact that I had an idea in my head that I was able to put down on paper even if it was poorly done.

Now when I sit here trying to decide if I should actually post this because when I really look at it I think a 6 year old could draw as well as that but my thought it "what the heck".  I can draw!  Not very well, I have ordered a couple of how to books but this really isn't something I ever thought I could do so I am going to celebrate it.  


3 Responses to “Who Knew!!!”

  1. I'm so glad you shared this with us! Here's to creativity and celebrating it. bravo...lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting...celebrate..... truly.

    thanks for your comment...and sharing this pic at shutter sisters...
    xxo, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your kind comments. They really mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts