Love Walks on Four Furry Paws

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.  ~George Eliot




I absolutely adore my pets, they are such an important part of our lives.  I think it is simply the unconditional love and acceptance they give us.  Where else can you find that?  Perhaps it is due to their short memory span but I also find animals show us the perfect example of "being present" and "in the moment".  When I scratch my dogs ears all he is thinking about is how good that feels, he isn't worrying about work, house cleaning, grocery shopping or any of the day to day things that clutter our brains.  

The truth is I too could curl up in a sunbeam and have a nap, the problem is most days I simply won't let myself do it.  



This is Sam, my cuddle buddy.  He is an overweight Shit Zhu who still manages to be perfectly content with his physique and who doesn't ever beat himself up for eating that extra Milkbone.




This is Trixie, a more recent addition to our household.  She is a sweet and gentle 12 year old lab/rotti cross.  Her ambitions in life are the pursuit of breakfast, supper and a 15 minute walk.  If she gets that she is at peace with the world and everyone in it.




This is Lexi my part-time dog.  She means so much to me that my ex-husband and I share custody of her.  She comes for sleep overs and often goes to work with me.  She is happiest on a hot summer day when she has her kiddie pool full of water to play in. 




Now I am not sure this guy has the unconditional love thing mastered, his love seems to be contingent on his food bowl being full.  But this is Max our asthmatic Siamese cat.  We adopted him when he was 8 months old because no one else wanted him because of his health issues.  I still say now he saw us suckers coming a mile away but we love him and while I don't know anyone else who would put up with a cat that sneezes all over their house we love him.

The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude.  ~Robert Brault

I also wanted to acknowledge that I have my first follower on my blog.  Thank you for taking the time to look at my photos and read my blog.  This is a very new venture for me and somedays I really wonder if I have anything to say or post worth someone's time but I certainly do appreciate you. 






Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Featured Posts